Menu Close

Cabin Crew Attestation

The Certificate of Initial Cabin Crew Training (Cabin Crew Attestation (CCA)) is a professional qualification. It consists of mandatory courses and an associated examination in accordance with EASA Aircrew Regulation Part-CC, the European Aviation Safety Agency.

The initial training must be provided by a CCTO (Cabin Crew Training Organisation) approved by a civil aviation authority of a member state of the European Union. This certificate is then recognised throughout Europe.

Some airlines are CCTOs, and can provide this initial training. Some organisations, such as Europe Air Crew, are approved to train you and deliver this diploma.

CCA validity

The CCA is valid for 5 years from the date of acquisition or last renewal. However, under certain conditions, you can renew it by completing an adapted training course that is shorter and less expensive than the initial training in a CCTO (Cabin Crew Training Organisation).

After successfully passing the exam, you will obtain the CABIN CREW ATTESTATION Issued in accordance with Part CC – EASA Form 142 Issue 1 – valid in all EU states, which is essential for working as a cabin crew member and it’s recognized by all European airline companies.

European mutual recognition

Does my Cabin Crew Attestation is recognised in EU all Member State ?
References: Regulation (EU) 2018/1139 New Basic Regulation. Regulation (EU) No 1178/2011 Aircrew. Regulation (EU) No 290/2012 amended by Regulation (EU) No 2015/445 and Regulation (EU) No 245/2014. All the referenced regulations are available on EASA website.

EU cabin crew member must hold a Cabin Crew Attestation compliant with the rules established by the Regulation (EU) No 1178/2011, as amended by Regulation (EU) No 290/2012, Regulation (EU) No 2015/445 and Regulation (EU) No 245/2014:

Cabin Crew Attestation issued in one EU Member State, or in EASA Member State, is valid and recognised in all EU Member States without further requirements or evaluation. Each cabin crew member can benefit from a free working movement amongst the EU operators/Member States. The mutual recognition is established by Regulation (EU) 2018/1139 New Basic Regulation, in Article 67 and Article 3, paragraph (12) and (9).

If you wish to work as a cabin crew in commercial air transport within a Member State of the European Community, you must therefore undertake this training at the beginning of your career as a cabin crew member and get this valid certificate (CCA).

The initial training includes a theorical and a practical EASA official programme. CCTO’s must deliver at least this programme, but this one might be personalized depending on the available time and the requested needs.

In some countries, the training is performed in the country language. This is the case in France for example. But most of CCTO’s perform this training in English.